Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Farewell party: an indelible 2 hours.
Though farewells couldn't go without speeches,
when it was my turn to go up and make one, I
realised then it was really redundant. Perhaps
I do better while writing.

I can't say so for the rest, because I could sense
their innermost feelings & how they reach out
to their audience. They just have the gift for speech.
Anyway, it was astounding to actually witness the
ones who cried so badly; they weren't whom I thought
would, though it is comforting to envisage why they
were crying for. The video presented wasn't that moving,
as just like mine was last year. I didn't cry, just like they
didn't.

At that particular point in time when we were
distributing our gifts, & I walked over to the
sec 1s & 2s to give out mine, I was brought
back to when I was in sec 1 & 2, where no NCO
would actually really bother about the
existence of sec 1s & 2s, as the emphasis
would be concentrated on the graduating batch
as well as the batch taking over. The sec 1s
and 2s will only just be presented with
little minute gifts of encouragement for
their upcoming years in Red Cross. Also
the programmes in store for the graduating
batch were always last-minute. &
each batch of cadets would only prepare
their performance during the camp itself.
Therefore it is consolatory to know that sec 2s
have put in commendable effort for our
farewell party, in collaboration with our VI
and our YOs. & I hope that sec 1s didn't feel
that left out either.

I wonder if this'll be the end of my RC
journey, as the saying goes that all good
things must come to an end. Those remarkable
times as a unit will never be effaced. & as we
all know how much you girls hope for us
to become VIs, let me tell you that if we
become VIs, things will still nvr be the same
again. There will be times when you purposely
keep us out of your conversations cause we
ought not to know some things, & there will
be a deep gap between us & you; in terms
of friendship as well as ma'am-cadet r/s.
Problems will arise & you'll find it hard to
even communicate with us.

Its easy for you girls to say 'be a VI'.
Its easy for us to say 'yes'.
But it might not be easy for us to work
together. Moreover, what's the
difference of us being a VI or being a
senior? I guess time will tell our
decision, so until then, you will all be
kept in suspense.

That's all for my promised entry. I
procrastinated, but definitely with
a valid reason! (:

No comments: