Friday, June 13, 2008

The day started off really weird. Hey afterall, its Friday the 13th! Reached Dobhy Ghaut just in time, met the cadets. (ex-cadets but they still call me ma'am). Did some recap with them before proceeding to the Red Cross House, a place that I'm so used to already, though not being within some's sight. It was the place I'd been coming to since I was in primary school; the premises stands strong over the years & there's no major alteration to its semblance.

Walked up the spiral stairway to RCTC room 2, & expressions of nervousness started to surface. That wasn't a strange sight, as both Winny & I, the 2 licensed oldies, were getting it too. We decided to leave the room after a while, so as not to absorb the candidates' stress. Instead we settled for fresh air, at the mouth of the RC house, a light talk & random topics. Time passed & then it was time for bandaging & CPR. We the oldies were quite discomposed, trying our luck at hinting as our job was to do so. The CPR was even worse, the tension gradually building, as the candidates were to enter the room singly. The examiner seemed as if she could eat my girls n guy up.

Wasn't it upsetting that I couldn't stay for the results?!! Haha. Anyway, congrats to this clamorous yet astoundingly amazing batch of sec 1s. Their results were laudable & I could see due amount of effort put into studying for this test. But its worth it, cause when you pass, you'll be a licensed & certified first aider! You'll get your own license which is so cool!

Ehhm okay, then I went to Cairnhill place to get the X-ray done. Then rushed back to school with Winny, managing to catch a glimpse of the Land ROD. But it was the best part! The marching past of the graduating batch, & I felt glad, that there was some 22o6 ppl in the squad of green. As the weeks passed, more UGians of 22o6 get their Retirement Of Duty or Passing Out Parades. I reminisced the times when we were still under our sirs/ma'ams wing, & cadets of different UG, namely Land, Air, Guides, Boy's Brigade & Red Cross, spending time together doing drills. As time passed & we entered sec 3, our wings were then fully-fledged; 22o6 UGians assumed the higher roles of each unit. Knowing each other pretty well, negotiations were able to reach an agreement, & we all came closer together. That made life in UG the more worthwhile.

& today Qinjie made a special mention towards 22o6 UGians during his speech, I think he left us all in awe. I have to say, Wong Qinjie does drive me up the wall at times with his temperament, yet he still knows how to do something afterward to save his skin. =)) Anyway, congrats big green guy, I think we'll be seeing you in a RED beret during your NS time. Haha.

Okay, I'm lazy to continue from here. The rest are 'mundane' details. Haha, just kidding. Played with the sec 2s cause they jio us out for lunch. We made a din at Sumo house before proceeding to my house. We played 'cat-and-mouse' all the way from AMK to KHATIB. It was fun, but kinda exhausting for old people like me.

Today was really really !!!! Haha, the series of events kept going, like an unstoppable film. But I want another today. & ANTICIPATION is my new cool word.

Cya.

No comments: